5:45 AM: Registration & Packet Pick-Up Opens
6:50 AM: 10K Participants to Start Line
6:55 AM: Wheelchair Division Starts
7:00 AM: 10K Run Starts
7:00 AM: Kids Zone Opens
8:20 AM: 5K Participants to Start Line
8:30 AM: 5K Walk/Run Start
9:30 AM: 1K Kid’s Fun Run Start
10:00 AM: Awards Ceremony
PICKUP AND LATE REGISTRATION
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2018
Fleet Feet Sports
330 Franklin Rd. #262b
Brentwood, TN 37027
RACE DAY - MONDAY,
SEPTEMBER 3, 2018 - 5:45 AM - UNTIL YOUR RACE BEGINS
Location: Race Site -
3rd Avenue South Franklin TN 37064
RACE DAY LOCATION
Franklin, TN 37064
- There will be NO refunds for 2018 races. Up to 15 days prior to
this event your entry can be transferred to the next year.
- Entries are non transferable to another
- Participants might be required to present a photo ID and sign a
release-from-liability waiver at check-in.
- Race Management reserves the right to cancel or modify the event
due to unfavorable weather conditions.
- Registration fees are not refundable in the event of cancellation
due to "Acts of God".
- Your Feedback is very important to us. If you have any
questions or comments please contact us.
DONATE AND FUNDRAISE
CREATE A TEAM
Teams are a great way to
multiply the fun of training and the race on Labor Day. Teams are a great way
to involve new walkers and runners to increase fitness in an encouraging
Families & Friends
SPONSOR A TEAM
Team Training Email
SET PERSONAL & TEAM GOALS
Participating as a Team
multiplies the fun and the opportunity to raise more funds for children and
adults seeking excellent medical care. When care is out of reach, everyone in
the family suffers.
Create your Team!
Set fundraising and fitness
Help more than 7,600 patients
get the care they need.
Train together and celebrate
Top Fundraiser Awards
Fundraising Team Awards
Fastest 5K Awards Fastest 10K Awards
Biggest Teams by Categories
- A Team is comprised of 5 or more members.
Runners, walkers and kids all count.
- Biggest Team categories will be determined
based on those registered before Race Day
- All team awards will be announced the day of the
- Summarized below are routines
and procedures for determining " Fastest Team" in the 5K and 10K
- There will be one
"fastest team" award for the 5K and one for the 10K.
- A team must have 5 or more members to be eligible for the
"fastest team" award.
- The 5 highest placed finishers in their respective age
group will be used to determine the score of each team.
- The top finishers will be
determined based on where they place in their respective age group.
- The finish place in the respective age group (3rd place male age group 20-24,
for example) of the top five will be added. This will be the score for the
team. Lowest team score wins.
Be sure to pose for your Team Photo this year as a participant in
the Franklin Classic Team Challenge! Gather at the steps of the Historic
Williamson County Courthouse at the Franklin Classic Photo Porch!
RACE DAY PARKING:
All parking in downtown Franklin is free. There are two public
parking garages located on Second Avenue South and Fourth Avenue
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
is reserved for Runners and Joggers
- 5K is
for both Runners and Walkers
1K Kids Run is timed this year!
the safety of everyone we are unable to allow pets on the running course
joggers are allowed on the 5K and 10Kk runs, but must start at the end to avoid
course time limit is 1 hour and 30 minutes (15 minute per mile pace)
- Race management and timing is provided by Race Nashville.
expect our event to happen rain or shine. However, the safety of our
participants is of paramount concern. In the event of adverse conditions
(Tornado Warning, Tornado Watch, Thunderstorm, Heavy Rain, or any other extreme
weather condition), the Race Director, in communication with the local law
enforcement and the city, may delay the event, cancel the event, or make
changes to the race course. If the event is canceled more than 12 hours before
the event, we will notify participants via the race website, email and social
media. If the event is canceled less than 12 hours before the event we will
notify participants via social media. Participants will be notified via email
where they can pick up their race packets if they have not already done so.
Refunds will not be issued if the event is canceled for Adverse Weather
The FunZone will be bigger than before
with lots of fun activities for children of all ages including face painting
for all, balloons, inflatables, cotton candy, basketball shoot, corn hole, and
1ST, 2ND AND 3RD PLACE MALE AND FEMALE 5K AND 10K
Grand Masters 50+ Senior Grand Masters 60+
GROUPS: 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD PLACE MALE AND FEMALE 5K AND 10K:
9 & Under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29,
30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Top 3 Boys
Top 3 Girls
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1K KIDS RUN
- Do 1K kids get a bib and timing chip? Yes, Kids get timed!
- What age are kids in the 1K? 9 & under. Little ones can be
in a stroller.
- Do the kids run alone in the 1K, or can parents run with them?
Parents are allowed to run with their child.
- If parents can run with them, do they have to register? No,
parents do not need to register.
- Can you bring a jogging stroller for a younger child in the 1K? Yes,
please start in the back behind the kids. They like to take off fast!
- Will the 5K overlap with the 1K? No, the 1K is after the 5K.
- Do children who register for the 1K receive a t-shirt,
medal or something for participating? Yes, children who register for
the 1K will receive a t-shirt, bib, and timing chip at registration. And a
medal at the finish line!
- Is the 5K for walkers, runners or joggers? All three! Please
feel free to walk, jog or run the 5K.
- Are baby joggers allowed on the 5K? Baby
joggers are allowed on the 5K, but must start at the end to avoid
- Are pets allowed on the 5K? We are unable to allow pets on
- Is the 5K course certified? Yes!
Certification Code: TN14082MS
- Is there a bathroom on the course? Yes,
just past mile 3 will be a porta-john.
- Is the 10K for walkers, runners or
joggers? The 10K is reserved for joggers and runners. The 10K course
time limit is 1 hour and 30 minutes (15 minute per mile pace).
- Are baby
joggers allowed on the 10K? Baby joggers are allowed on the 10K, but
must start at the end to avoid congestion.
- Are pets
allowed on the 5K? We are unable to allow pets on the course.
- Is the 10K
course certified? Yes! Certification Code: TN14081MS
- Is there a
bathroom on the course? Yes, just past mile 5 there will be a
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT MERCY, SPONSORSHIPS, REGISTRATIONS AND TEAMS.
615-790-0567 ext. 235
Many volunteers are needed
during the Franklin Classic! We welcome companies, groups, organizations and
individuals! Join us to make the 2018 Franklin Classic better than ever!
RUN OR WALK FOR MERCY COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE ON LABOR DAY!
SIGN UP TODAY!
The Franklin Classic benefits Mercy Community
Healthcare located in Franklin, TN. Mercy Community Healthcare provides
integrated primary care to the under-served in Williamson and
surrounding counties. As a Community Health Center, Mercy Community Healthcare
offers many services beyond primary care, which involve behavioral health
counseling, psychiatric services, as well as complete care coordination,
including services like chronic care management and assistance with social
services. These services are available to patients of all ages, both insured
and uninsured. The Mercy staff open their hearts to every patient and family
and are committed to treating the whole person – body, mind, and spirit. From
shots to wellness checks to counseling, Mercy makes long-term, lasting health
more possible than ever.
- Mercy Community Healthcare
served more than 8,600 patients last year.
- Our practitioners completed
more than 32,000 patient visits.
- Mercy's patients come from
30 counties in Tennessee and Kentucky, including Williamson, Davidson, Maury
and Rutherford County. They call Mercy Community Healthcare their healthcare
- Medicare, TennCare and private insurance are accepted.
- A sliding scale, self-pay
program is available for patients without insurance. Everyone is welcome!
- Mercy Community Healthcare exists
to reflect the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by providing excellent
healthcare for everyone and support to their families.
Thank you for participating! Your contributions make a difference!
Learn more at www.MercyTN.org