Click Here for course maps
Labor Day | September 3, 2018
Celebrating 40 Years of the Franklin Classic,
20 Years Benefiting Mercy Community Healthcare
Mark your calendars, start training, gather your teams, and invite friends and family to this great event! There will be live music, a free Fun Zone, vendors, and more! The race will include a 10K Run, 5K Run/Walk a 1K Kids Run. From serious runners to leisurely walkers, all start and finish in Historic Downtown Franklin, Tennessee. Register today, and we’ll see you on Labor Day!
Race Day Details | Registration Information | Create/Sponsor a Team | Volunteer | Packet Pickup & Late Registration | 2017 Race Results | FAQs | Contact | About Mercy Community Healthcare
Race Day Details
Public Square, Downtown Franklin
Most parking in downtown Franklin is free. There are two free public parking garages located on 2nd Avenue S. and 4th Avenue S. Click here for a list of other free lots.
DAY SCHEDULE ]
|Registration & Packet Pick-up Opens
|10K Participants to Start Line
|Wheelchair Division Starts
|10K Run Starts
|Kids Zone Opens
|5K Participants to Start Line
|5K Run/Walk Starts
|1K Kids Fun Run Starts
[ Awards ]
1st, 2nd and 3rd Place, Male and Female, 5K and 10K
1st Place, Male and Female, 5K and 10K
Grand Masters 50+
Senior Grand Masters 60+
Age Group Winners – 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place, Male and Female, 5K and 10K
9 & Under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
Top 3 Boys
Top 3 Girls
Best T-shirt Awards
[ Fun Zone ]
Fastest 5K Awards
Fastest 10K Awards
Largest Team Registered
The Fun Zone will be back this year with lots of fun activities for children of all ages, including face painting, balloons, inflatables, cotton candy, basketball, cornhole and much more!
[ Weather Policy ]
We expect our event to happen rain or shine. However, the safety of our participants is of great importance. In the event of adverse conditions (tornado warning, tornado watch, thunderstorm, heavy rain or any other extreme weather condition), the Race Director, in communication with the local law enforcement and the city, may delay the event, cancel the event, or make changes to the race course. If the event is canceled more than 12 hours before the event, we will notify participants via the race website, email and social media. If the event is canceled less than 12 hours before the event, we will notify participants via social media. Refunds will not be issued if the event is canceled for adverse weather conditions.
Race management and timing is provided by Race Nashville.
Mail-in registrations must be postmarked by Aug. 29, 2018.
Online registration closes Sept. 2, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
Want to know how you finished in 2017? Click here!
[ Registration Policies ]
- There will be NO refunds for 2018 races. Up to 15 days prior to
this event your entry can be transferred to the next year.
- Entries are non transferable to another
- Participants may be required to present a photo ID and sign a
release-from-liability waiver at check-in.
- Race Management reserves the right to cancel or modify the event
due to unfavorable weather conditions.
- Registration fees are not refundable in the event of cancellation
due to "Acts of God."
- Your Feedback is very important to us. If you have any
questions or comments please contact us.
Create/Sponsor a Team
[ Create a Team ]
Teams are a great way to
multiply the fun of training and running the race itself! Here are a few groups from which you can use to create a team:
Family & Friends | Co-workers | Church Groups
Running Clubs | Community or Neighborhood Organizations
Small Businesses | Sports Teams | Schools
Create a team!
Set fundraising and fitness goals!
Train together and motivate each other during the race!
Celebrate your success!
Help approximately 9,000 children and adults get the care they need!
[ The Fine Print ]
Summarized below are routines and procedures for determining the "fastest team" in the 5K and 10K:
- A Team is comprised of 5 or more members. Runners, walkers and kids all count.
- The biggest team categories will be determined based on those registered before Race Day.
- All team awards will be announced the day of the event.
- There will be one "fastest team" award for the 5K and one for the 10K.
- A team must have five (5) or more members to be eligible for the "fastest team" award.
- The five (5) highest placed finishers in their respective age group will be used to determine the score of each team.
- The top finishers will be determined based on where they place in their respective age group.
- The finish place in the respective age group (3rd place, male age group, 20-24, for example) of the top five will be added. This will be the score for the team. Lowest team score wins.
Many volunteers are needed during the Franklin Classic! We welcome companies, groups, organizations and individuals! Contact us to learn more.
Packet Pick-up & Late Registration
[ Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018 ]
10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
330 Franklin Road, Suite 262B
Brentwood, TN 37027
[ Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018 ]
330 Franklin Road, Suite 262B
Brentwood, TN 37027
[ Race Day – Monday, Sept. 3, 2018 ]
Begins at 5:45 a.m. until race begins
At Race Site
3rd Avenue S.
Franklin, TN 37064
A friend of family member may pick up your race packet as long as you have pre-registered.
[ 1K KIDS RUN ]
- Do 1K kids get a bib and timing chip?
Yes, Kids get timed!
- What age are kids in the 1K?
9 & under. Little ones can be
in a stroller.
- Do the kids run alone in the 1K, or can parents run with them?
Parents are allowed to run with their child.
- If parents can run with them, do they have to register?
parents do not need to register.
- Can you bring a jogging stroller for a younger child in the 1K?
please start in the back behind the kids. They like to take off fast!
- Will the 5K overlap with the 1K?
No, the 1K is after the 5K.
- Do children who register for the 1K receive a t-shirt,
medal or something for participating?
Yes, children who register for
the 1K will receive a t-shirt, bib, and timing chip at registration. And a
medal at the finish line!
[ 5K Run/Walk ]
- Is the 5K for walkers, runners or joggers?
All three! Please
feel free to walk, jog or run the 5K.
- Are baby joggers allowed on the 5K?
joggers are allowed on the 5K, but must start at the end to avoid
- Are pets allowed on the 5K?
We are unable to allow pets on
- Is the 5K course certified?
Certification Code: TN14082MS
- Is there a restroom on the course?
just past mile 3 will be a portable restroom.
[ 10K Run ]
- Is the 10K for walkers, runners or
The 10K is reserved for joggers and runners. The 10K course
time limit is 1 hour and 30 minutes (15 minute per mile pace).
- Are baby
joggers allowed on the 10K?
Baby joggers are allowed on the 10K, but
must start at the end to avoid congestion.
- Are pets
allowed on the 5K?
We are unable to allow pets on the course.
- Is the 10K
Yes! Certification Code: TN14081MS
- Is there a restroom on the course?
Yes, just past mile 5 there will be a portable restroom.
For questions about the Franklin Classic or Mercy Community Healthcare, email email@example.com
About Mercy Community Healthcare
The Franklin Classic benefits Mercy Community Healthcare located in Franklin, Tenn. Mercy Community Healthcare provides integrated primary care to the under-served in Williamson and surrounding counties. As a Federally Qualified Community Health Center, Mercy offers many services beyond primary care, which involve behavioral health counseling, psychiatric services, as well as complete care coordination, including services like chronic care management and assistance with social services. These services are available to patients of all ages, both insured and uninsured. The Mercy staff opens their hearts to every patient and family and are committed to treating the whole person – body, mind and spirit. From shots to wellness checks to counseling, Mercy makes long-term, lasting health more possible than ever.
- Mercy Community Healthcare serves approximately 9,000 children and adults each year.
- Our practitioners completed more than 32,000 patient visits last year.
- Mercy's patients live in 30 counties in Tennessee and Kentucky, including Williamson, Davidson, Maury and Rutherford County.
- Medicare, TennCare and private insurance are accepted.
- A sliding scale, self-pay program is available for patients without insurance. No one is turned away – everyone is welcome!
- Mercy Community Healthcare exists to reflect the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by providing excellent healthcare for ALL and support to their families.
Thank you for participating! Your contributions make a difference!