DONATE AND FUNDRAISE
Teams are a great way to multiply the fun of training and the race on Labor Day. Teams are a great way to involve new walkers and runners to increase fitness in an encouraging environment.
Families & Friends
SPONSOR A TEAM
Team Training Email
SET PERSONAL & TEAM GOALS
Participating as a Team multiplies the fun and the opportunity to raise more funds for children and adults seeking excellent medical care. When care is out of reach, everyone in the family suffers.
Create your Team!
Set fundraising and fitness goals!
Help more than 7,600 patients get the care they need.
Train together and celebrate your successes!
Top Fundraiser Awards
Top Fundraising Team Awards
Best Team T-shirt Awards
Kids 1K Awards
Fastest 5K Awards
Fastest 10K Awards
Biggest Teams by Categories
THE FINE PRINT!
- A Team is comprised of 5 or more members. Runners, walkers and kids all count.
- Biggest Team categories will be determined based on those registered before Race Day
- All team awards will be announced the day of the event
- Summarized below are routines and procedures for determining " Fastest Team" in the 5K and 10K
- There will be one "fastest team" award for the 5K and one for the 10K.
- A team must have 5 or more members to be eligible for the "fastest team" award.
- The 5 highest placed finishers in their respective age group will be used to determine the score of each team.
- The top finishers will be determined based on where they place in their respective age group.
- The finish place in the respective age group (3rd place male age group 20-24, for example) of the top five will be added. This will be the score for the team. Lowest team score wins.
Be sure to pose for your Team Photo this year as a participant in the Franklin Classic Team Challenge! Gather at the steps of the Historic Williamson County Courthouse at the Franklin Classic Photo Porch!
RACE DAY PARKING:
All parking in downtown Franklin is free. There are two public parking garages
located on Second Avenue South and Fourth Avenue South.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- 10K is reserved for Runners and Joggers
- 5K is for both Runners and Walkers
- The 1K Kids Run is timed this year!
- For the safety of everyone we are unable to allow pets on the running course
- Baby joggers are allowed on the 5K and 10Kk runs, but must start at the end to avoid congestion
- 10K course time limit is 1 hour and 30 minutes (15 minute per mile pace)
- Race management and timing is provided by Race Nashville.
We expect our event to happen rain or shine. However, the safety of our participants is of paramount concern. In the event of adverse conditions (Tornado Warning, Tornado Watch, Thunderstorm, Heavy Rain, or any other extreme weather condition), the Race Director, in communication with the local law enforcement and the city, may delay the event, cancel the event, or make changes to the race course. If the event is canceled more than 12 hours before the event, we will notify participants via the race website, email and social media. If the event is canceled less than 12 hours before the event we will notify participants via social media. Participants will be notified via email where they can pick up their race packets if they have not already done so. Refunds will not be issued if the event is canceled for Adverse Weather Conditions.
The FunZone will be bigger than before with lots of fun activities for children of all ages including face painting for all, balloons, inflatables, cotton candy, basketball shoot, corn hole, and much more!
1ST, 2ND AND 3RD PLACE MALE AND FEMALE 5K AND 10K
Grand Masters 50+
Senior Grand Masters 60+
AGE GROUPS: 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD PLACE MALE AND FEMALE 5K AND 10K:
9 & Under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Top 3 Boys
Top 3 Girls
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1K KIDS RUN
- Do 1K kids get a bib and timing chip? Yes, Kids get timed!
- What age are kids in the 1K? 9 & under. Little ones can be in a stroller.
- Do the kids run alone in the 1K, or can parents run with them? Parents are allowed to run with their child.
- If parents can run with them, do they have to register? No, parents do not need to register.
- Can you bring a jogging stroller for a younger child in the 1K? Yes, please start in the back behind the kids. They like to take off fast!
- Will the 5K overlap with the 1K? No, the 1K is after the 5K.
- Do children who register for the 1K receive a t-shirt, medal or something for participating? Yes, children who register for the 1K will receive a t-shirt, bib, and timing chip at registration. And a medal at the finish line!
- Is the 5K for walkers, runners or joggers? All three! Please feel free to walk, jog or run the 5K.
- Are baby joggers allowed on the 5K? Baby joggers are allowed on the 5K, but must start at the end to avoid congestion.
- Are pets allowed on the 5K? We are unable to allow pets on the course.
- Is the 5K course certified? Yes! Certification Code: TN14082MS
- Is there a bathroom on the course? Yes, just past mile 3 will be a porta-john.
- Is the 10K for walkers, runners or joggers? The 10K is reserved for joggers and runners. The 10K course time limit is 1 hour and 30 minutes (15 minute per mile pace).
- Are baby joggers allowed on the 10K? Baby joggers are allowed on the 10K, but must start at the end to avoid congestion.
- Are pets allowed on the 5K? We are unable to allow pets on the course.
- Is the 10K course certified? Yes! Certification Code: TN14081MS
- Is there a bathroom on the course? Yes, just past mile 5 there will be a porta-john.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT MERCY, SPONSORSHIPS, REGISTRATIONS AND TEAMS.
615-790-0567 ext. 235
Many volunteers are needed during the Franklin Classic! We welcome companies, groups, organizations and individuals! Join us to make the 2018 Franklin Classic better than ever!
RUN OR WALK FOR MERCY COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE ON LABOR DAY!
SIGN UP TODAY!
- Mercy Community Healthcare served more than 7,600 patients last year.
The Franklin Classic benefits Mercy Community Healthcare located in Franklin, TN. Mercy Community Healthcare provides integrated primary care to the under-served in Williamson and surrounding counties. As a Community Health Center, Mercy Community Healthcare offers many services beyond primary care, which involve behavioral health counseling, psychiatric services, as well as complete care coordination, including services like chronic care management and assistance with social services. These services are available to patients of all ages, both insured and uninsured. The Mercy staff open their hearts to every patient and family and are committed to treating the whole person – body, mind, and spirit. From shots to wellness checks to counseling, Mercy makes long-term, lasting health more possible than ever.
- Our practitioners completed more than 32,000 patient visits.
- Mercy's patients come from 30 counties in Tennessee and Kentucky, including Williamson, Davidson, Maury and Rutherford County. They call Mercy Community Healthcare their healthcare home.
- Medicare, TennCare and private insurance are accepted.
- A sliding scale, self-pay program is available for patients without insurance. Everyone is welcome!
- Mercy Community Healthcare exists to reflect the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by providing excellent healthcare for everyone and support to their families.
Thank you for participating! Your contributions make a difference!